Friday, October 19, 2007

The Stash


Yesterday, I was feeling froggy and decided to clean up my guest bedroom, which has also, by default, became the home of my stash and knitting paraphenalia. But before I cleaned, I decided to organize, and while organizing, I took this picture of my stash.
Perhaps things are getting a tad out of hand. Really, this doesn't include various peices of balls of yarn that I have tucked away here and there. There's also about 20 balls, perhaps more, of acrylics tucked away somewhere as well. I like using acrylics on "around the house" rugs and afghans. All in all, a tidy collection, and if nuclear war hit tomorrow, I'd have plenty of knitting to keep me busy during my years in the underground bunker. Now if only I had an underground bunker. Ah well.
I reckon this indicates that I should probably start buying less and knitting more, but the world is blessed with such a myriad of yarns, and each has it's purpose under the sun. I do have plans that go along with most of it. Most of it, but not all. Some of it was bought because I loved it, and I figured an idea would come along eventually to match the yarn. Kind of a "Field of Dreams" approach. If you build it, they will come.

No comments: