Monday, January 5, 2009

Going Bush

Well, the day has arrived, or rather the night. We are leaving tonight, or rather, the wee hours of the morning, but closer to midnight than than dawn, on our trip to the Eyre Peninsula. We'll be leaving out at about 2AM, heading through Adelaide before there's any traffic, and then up towards Port Augusta. We should see the sunrise somewhere near there. We'll then go down to Cowell, and from there, head west across the Peninsula to Elliston. We'll be in Elliston for 4 nights, leaving there Saturday, and going down around the coast and Port Lincoln, then up the Eastern shores of the peninsula, where we will spend the night somewhere. We're just not sure where yet. We should be getting back home sometime Sunday night.

I've spent the last two days getting things together and packing. I've sorted through my knitting, and decided on the projects I will take.

Of course, I have two WIP's right now, and neither will take very long to finish. I'm still working on the entrelac jumper for my granddaughter. I didn't have enough yarn to finish it, so I dyed and spun up some more. That little project took some time, but the yarn is all ready now.



Knitting wise, I have the back completed, and am over half way finished with the front.

Once I finish the front, it will go quickly. The sleeves, done in simple stockingnet stitch and rather small, won't take much time at all. I plan on knitting on it on the trip there, and will likely have it ready to be sewn together by the time we reach Elliston.

I'm also taking along the "old fashioned" socks I'm knitting for my father-in-law. I'm a couple of inches up the leg on them, so the K2P1 knitting round and round will be good mindless knitting when that's what I need. I'll also carry it along up front with me, for when I finish the jumper, or maybe just when I need a change.


Once I finish these two projects, I'm going to start my Cleckheaton cardigan. I have brought the pattern and few skeins of yarn for that project. I still need to do guage squares, so I'm thinking I won't get far on that. I also plan on starting another pair of socks, because I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I didn't have a pair of socks on the go. I just haven't figured out which pattern I want to use yet, so I've downloaded some on the laptop to look through, plus I'm taking a couple of sock pattern books and praying for inspiration.



I plan on having a fairly lazy holiday, full of beach walks, sitting on the beach knitting, a bit of getting my toes wet, and some lovely drives through the bush. It's a very peaceful place and peaceful is what I'm looking for.

I'll make a nice big post full of pictures shortly after I get back. Until then...

No comments: